Ventilation is to design a system capable of achieving a pre-
A well balanced comfort ventilation system can improve productivity by 10%, reduce absenteeism and help to increase your profits! PremiAir Comfort offer the full range of powered extraction, natural ventilation and local exhaust ventilation including vacuum dust control systems. We fully understand the science of moving large quantities of air through buildings to best effect. By studying work flow patterns, plant layout and machinery hot-
Powered or Forced Ventilation -
Powered or forced ventilation moves air around, but doesn’t cool it. It can be very effective if air is moved from a cool space into a hot one, but on a hot day the absolute best that can be achieved by moving outside air in, or extracting inside air to out, is a room temperature equal to outside, or more likely a few degrees higher than that. (Powered extraction is extremely effective when used in conjunction with evaporative cooling and used to provide a well balanced air systems).
These systems utilise either wall or roof mounted powered air handling extraction units to provide both extraction or introduce fresh air. The fresh input or inflow air units can incorporate filter units, heating coils, re-
Powered or forced ventilation is often used in environments that required filtered fresh air required along with all year round weathered ventilation. Our range of extract fans have capacities of between 1 m3/s to over 15m3/s each. They can be used for extracting warm air, fumes, smoke and hazardous explosive gasses when explosion proof motors would be required.
Natural Ventilation -
Large industrial buildings can be ventilated by the use of natural louvered roof and wall mounted vents. Natural ventilators can measure up to 2,800mm wide by 4,000mm long and are the largest natural vents available on the market. Optionally supplied with weather seals or natural daylight louvres all natural vents can be pneumatically, electrically or manually controlled, and can benefit automatic closure during inclement weather using a roof mounted sensor. This will automatically close the vents in the event of rain and then reopen them once the rain has passed.
These natural ventilation systems use the warm air stack effect and extract the warm air as it rises, thus never allowing it to build down to low level. Natural ventilation has the following benefits over powered systems:
• Natural (Free) Cooling -
• Self regulating i.e. the warmer it is the more extract you get!
• Minimal maintenance
• Negligible running costs -
• Psychological benefit – when the ventilators are open position, daylight levels will be drastically improved within the area, therefore, providing a psychological benefit to personnel.
• No noise levels – as there are no fans or motor in the unit they do not make a noise when extracting.
• Fire Ventilation – Each unit can incorporate a fusible link release mechanism, therefore, in the event of a fire the units open and provide a release for the heat and smoke, so allowing personnel to escape and firemen entry to fight the fire.
Fume Extraction & Dust Control Systems -
COSHH regulations can be a minefield to the unwary.
With more stringent legislation governing exposure limits and emissions to atmosphere, companies are having to look more closely at the efficiency of extraction systems.
Local Exhaust Ventilation or LEV falls within the Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations and can be divided into four main categories.
• Receptor systems where the contaminant enters the system without inducement. The fan in the system is used to provide airflow to transport the contaminant from the enclosure through the ducting to a collection system.
• Capture systems where the air flows into the hood capturing the contaminant outside the hood and induces it to flow into the system.
• Low volume high velocity where air extracted at high velocity through small apertures close to the source of contaminant.
• Dilution ventilation is used where it is not possible to extract the contaminant close to the point of origin. Used where the level of contaminant is small and the toxicity is low it may be possible to dilute the fumes by inducing large volumes of air through the contaminated area.
Your next step…
Copyright PremiAir Comfort Limited 2017 Altius SEO Newcastle